- These terms & conditions represent a binding agreement between Taste Buddies Ltd (hereafter referred to as Taste Buddies) and the Client. The Client includes the person making the booking as well as the rest of their party.
- A booking on our website constitutes an acceptance of these terms & conditions by the Client.
- It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to inform all members of their party of all terms & conditions, and to inform Taste Buddies of any allergies, dietary restrictions, medical conditions or any other condition that may impact the Client’s participation to the Taste Buddies
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite only once Taste Buddies receives the Client’s payment and sends through a confirmation email.
PRIVATE TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
- If you wish to book a private tour, you shall need to purchase all available slots for that particular tour.
- For all private tour bookings, please contact us on [email protected].
- To confirm any private tour booking, a 50% down payment must be made as soon as possible. In case of cancellation within two weeks of your booking, the remaining 50% will be charged. 100% of the initial deposit will be refunded for cancellations made over two weeks prior to the date of the tour.
- Clients are advised to be at the meeting point 5 minutes before departure time.
- Should you fail to reach the meeting point in time, we shall not be held responsible if you miss the tour or activity. Out of respect for other clients, we shall not wait for latecomers for over 15 minutes.
- There will be no refund for missed tours or activities.
- The tour will go ahead as planned, whether it rains or shines, unless otherwise advised by the relevant authorities (cyclone warnings class 2 or more, torrential rain warnings, amongst others).
- Should Taste Buddies need to cancel a tour or activity, in advance or on D-Day, a re-booking for an alternative date will be suggested, or a full refund of the booking price in MUR effected within 5 to 10 working days following cancellation.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- Cancelling a booking shall incur cancellation fees.
- No cancellation fee shall apply for cancellations made 48 hours in advance. The Client will receive a refund in MUR, excluding any bank fees or charges.
- For cancellations made under 48 hours, a 100% cancellation fee shall apply, in which case no refund will be made.
CHANGES MADE BY TASTE BUDDIES
- The Client shall be informed of any change in route or tour, prior to departure time.
- Any changes made during the tour, due to unforeseen circumstances or bad weather, shall not result in a
- Taste Buddies’s responsibility is strictly limited. Taste Buddies shall not be held responsible for the acts or failures to act, wilfully or otherwise, of its suppliers or any other third party over whom Taste Buddies has no control.
- Taste Buddies shall not be held liable for any bodily injury or harm, accidents, property damage or personal loss, as a result of but not limited to: physical exertion; travel by car, bus, boat or other mode of transportation (such as bicycle, horse, foot, kayak, etc.); consumption of alcoholic beverages; food poisoning; allergic reactions; high altitude; forces of nature, such as high winds, tropical cyclones, flooding, etc.; heat exhaustion, equipment failure; civil unrest or terrorism; or the availability of medical services and the quality thereof.
- Taste Buddies shall not be held liable for: expenses (e.g. meals, transportation, parking or hotel costs) that are not included in the price of the tour or activity but which may be required to get to the starting point of the different tours or activities.
- Taste Buddies reserves the right to make any route alterations to improve the quality of a tour or activity, or to better accommodate Clients.
- Taste Buddies shall not be held responsible for the damages (water, accidents, loss and theft) caused to the Client’s personal electronic equipment, during the tour.
- Taste Buddies shall not be held responsible for expenses incurred by the Client in preparing for the tour (e.g. non-refundable air tickets, equipment, travel insurance, etc.), or for any additional travel arrangements made by the Client in this regard.
- The full and advance payment can only be made following the booking procedure available on Taste Buddies’s website.
- Bank fees and charges shall be borne by the Client.
CHILDREN ON THE TOURS
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for their children during the tour. Agreeing to these terms and conditions implies that parents/guardians also agree to same on behalf of their children present on the tour.
- Children under the age of 18 will not be authorised to participate in any rum or other alcohol tasting.
- For more information, please check out our policy regarding children’s participation to the tours or activities. You can find it under question 5 of our FAQs.
AUTHORITY DURING THE TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
- Our guides are the sole representative of the authority on the tour or activity. Clients should closely follow their instructions as well as that of the local authorities.
- Taste Buddies holds a third-party insurance policy but does not provide any other kind of cover to the participants or their belongings.
USE OF MEDIA
- Taste Buddies uses many pictures and other forms of multimedia on its website: tastebuddies.mu. While we do try to credit authors as best as we can, there are a lot of photos and mistakes can easily happen. Should you notice a picture for which we do not hold the rights or that we are using incorrectly, kindly inform us immediately so we may remove it or else address the situation accordingly.
- Clients must be cautious and beware of any vehicles while crossing the road.
- Clients must inform Taste Buddies as soon as possible, before the start of the tour or activity, of any medical conditions, allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Clients are not allowed to litter the streets.
- For more information on each tour or activity, please visit their respective page on our website, or the FAQ